Tanga
500 post plus club

Useful visual guide to allowed attire

Postby Tanga » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:20 am

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Useful visual guide to allowed attire

Postby Canyon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:01 pm

Thanks, that document looks very useful.

But, I'm glad I'm not a TD having to decide if a coat pattern is subtle or not!

blob
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby blob » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:30 pm

agree, Canyon!

demi

Postby demi » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:44 pm

This kind of makes me want to show. On one hand, I never liked white britches so the new color variety is nice. I’d like grey with a dark navy coat. On the other hand, there is one coat that is acceptable but made me laugh! And I couldn’t believe that it was acceptable but the coat with pink cuffs was boarderline.

I like colored pads, too, but I got a new white one when I got my new saddle a few years ago that I’ve been saving in case I ever show. The saddle maker told me when I bought the saddle that he was going to give me a pad with my horse’s picture on it! It did look like Rocky! It was his wife’s horse. The pad would look nice with grey britches and a navy coat…I’ll have to get my self in gear.

blob

Postby blob » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:13 am

There is definitely the possibility for some very fun and chic outfits, but I will probably be boring for now. I have 3 white breeches, so I'll probably stay white until i need new show breeches. I also have a black coat I really like, so again will probably wait until i need to replace it.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:29 am

I am so lost with the patterns. Accent stripes and patterns aren't allowed. Then they are. But supposedly only if they're subtle? Yeah right. So many of the "allowed" were in no way subtle. And I won't even get into the "tasteful" and "discreet" accents :lol:

You couldn't pay me enough to be a TD!

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:05 am

I think the TD's, judges, and everyone else are going to care not one whit about anyone challenging a coat pattern and not even go there.

I'm not going there because I don't have the money, but I DID show in dark grey breeches Sunday. I'll try to get the videos up tomorrow. It was weird seeing it in the mirror. But, good thing is I don't have to bleach them every time I ride! Now I need to figure out what to do with, literally, 30 pairs of white breeches. (I always buy on sale, so I don't think any of them cost more than $40.)

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:04 pm

They seem to have set this up to be as hard and distracting as possible for the TDs. I'd really much rather they were watching over the behavior in the warmup ring than debating whether someone's shirt was sufficiently subtle.

What a waste of time and energy. Like we don't have enough subjective debates in dressage.

I'll be the one in navy and tan, as always.

demi

Postby demi » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:32 pm

Navy and tan? Seriously, Mountaineer? I’m envisioning you on Potters in that black coat with all the gold stripes. The one that looks like a high ranking military dress coat. General or something. With canary yellow breeches, black patent leather boots, and maybe a sword instead of a whip. If Potters wasn’t orange, you could do the grey coat with the pink cuffs but…. :lol:

demi

Postby demi » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Im going all black with my little bay horse. Patent leather boots, and flame decals on my helmet. Maybe flames on my boot heels, too. I think the subtle all black would balance out the flames. I mean, it’s not like Im going to wear black velvet. Hmmm…black velvet.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:24 am

Well, I have got new navy boots :)

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:28 am

When I needed my tail coat, I could not find one that fit my boobs and waist so I had to have one made. In the circumstances I chose a ridiculously shiny black fabric. I wasn't ever called out on it. My less shiny one burned in the fire, so if I need another it will be cause for shopping
Attachments
Tailcoat_240x319-01.jpeg
Tailcoat_240x319-01.jpeg (48.36 KiB) Viewed 3874 times

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:42 am

Moutaineer wrote:Well, I have got new navy boots :)

Ooh, we need pics! I've been wanting a pair of blue polo boots for ages, but can never justify the $$. Plus Annabelle looks great in Navy, but Tesla is better in greens and browns.

Whenever Tesla gets it together to be show worthy, I really want the Pikeur Paulin jacket in gray with rose gold accents. But in reality, given the weather for most of our shows, I'll really just want coats waived. I've got a nice teal sun shirt that will look good with gray breeches and matching gray saddle pad. And I'll have to stick with my boring black Petrie's for a few years more.
Keep calm and canter on.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:17 pm

StraightForward wrote:
Moutaineer wrote:Well, I have got new navy boots :)

Ooh, we need pics! I've been wanting a pair of blue polo boots for ages, but can never justify the $$. Plus Annabelle looks great in Navy, but Tesla is better in greens and browns.

I got the lace-front ones from Premier Equine in the UK. I haven't ridden in them yet, need to order some navy spur straps, but they appear to be really quite nice, especially as they were quite inexpensive. The laces are a bit weedy, but are easy enough to replace.

I notice that Halter Ego are carrying the exact same boot, but for about $100 more than I paid, including shipping from the UK.

demi

Postby demi » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:16 pm

Im really pretty conservative and think that navy and tan sounds nice. Especially with blue boots. I love blue boots. My BFF has a pair of blue cowboy boots that she promised to leave me in her will!

I am really starting to think that I’d like to show Rocky. We don’t have a lot of shows within an hour of here but there is a schooling show in April and a recognized show in May about 45 minutes form here. I’d have to feel pretty good about how my horse is going before I’d travel to Houston or Dallas, both at least a 3 hour drive.

IF I go in April and May, it would be first level, so I dont have to wear a coat. I think I’d do light grey britches, since I already have some that I like, and a navy blue shirt. The pad that came with my saddle is still brand new so I’d use that. It’s white with grey rope piping and an embroidered navy Arabian horse head with the saddle makers name and a dressage saddle in the corner. Not too large so I think it’s legal. At least at the schooling show it would be.

I have a nice pair of Cavallo boots that are ancient but in good condition. They are old fashioned in that they dont have a zipper but I like the shape a lot. There is a little problem in that I was 20 lbs lighter when I wore them and they are uncomfortable tight ATM.I could try to lose the weight which would be great…OR I could just get some new ones!

demi

Postby demi » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:26 pm

Darn. I just looked more carefully at the pad rules and I cant use mine from Hulsebos saddlery. At least, I can now look for a new colored pad. But which color?? This will be fun.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:46 am

A navy pad would be nice with the navy shirt, Demi. I have light gray breeches and I'm thinking about a silver pad to match. My new PS Sweden stuff arrived yesterday. Coffee pad and matching breeches might be in the cards when jackets are waived.
Keep calm and canter on.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:55 am

Apparently this document is "a draft." Maybe the final will be more clear and concise?

demi

Postby demi » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:13 pm

Im nuts. We are having company tormorrow for 5 days and I need to be cleaning house NOW. Instead, Im using split screen on my ipad with Rocky on one side and interchangeing various pads on the other side. I promise myself after this post I’ll get up and clean for 2 hours straight.

She’s a medium bay. Looks dark, deep red in the summer time. It’s a rich color, very shiny in her summer coat and the black mane, tail and legs are also shiny. The Schockemohle Sanya pad is nice, and I really like the “jeans blue” color which has a wide true navy border in addition to rhinestone/chain trim with two rows of contrasting boarder. It would look really nice with light silver grey breeches. It looks great next to the pic of Rocky, but when I put the same pad in true navy up, it’s stunning! And the true navy would look good with light grey breeches also…

Okay, going to fire up the vacuum sweeper now….

demi

Postby demi » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:07 pm

Ok, I got it out of my system. If DH could read what I wrote about saddle pads for my horse, his eyes would probably roll right out of his head. Maybe because I dont have kids, but playing with show clothes for my horse is so much fun. My horses and dogs are my kids. I laughed when Mari wrote on the goals thread that at one point she felt like the “shrew mother yelling at her 30 year old son, who was just going wuuuut?” Hahaha. I feel like the little girl beauty pageant mother. I need to go clean house some more :roll:

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:51 pm

I found the jacket to go with those Wonder Woman boots!

wonderwoman.jpg
wonderwoman.jpg (78.73 KiB) Viewed 3773 times

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:09 am

Mountaineer :lol: :lol: :lol: That's exactly what I thought when I saw those boots.

demi

Postby demi » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:16 pm

OMG! Thanks for posting that :lol: I really needed a good laugh.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”