FYI Cavalon bits great and cheap

Tanga
500 post plus club

FYI Cavalon bits great and cheap

Postby Tanga » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:35 pm

I love the No Bit-Shit group on facebook. I've learned so much. https://cavalontack.com/ is a favorite of them. Really good bits for horses and amazing prices if you don't know about them. I'm just bummed they don't have curbs and bradoons for doubles yet.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: FYI Cavalon bits great and cheap

Postby Canyon » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:56 pm

Thanks for this info! Their prices are very reasonable.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:34 pm

It's funny. I found the one administrator of that group to be aggressively anti bit, and she slapped me with a warning for recommending a loose ring snaffle with a lozenge mouthpiece. I just left because most of the parts were picture of nasty harsh bits berating barrel racers. Zero interesting information.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:09 pm

Chisamba wrote:It's funny. I found the one administrator of that group to be aggressively anti bit, and she slapped me with a warning for recommending a loose ring snaffle with a lozenge mouthpiece. I just left because most of the parts were picture of nasty harsh bits berating barrel racers. Zero interesting information.

I unfollowed the group pretty quickly too. Too many "out there" bits. I guess I learned a lot about how many crazy (and often horrifying-looking) bits people will try to solve training problems.

Tesla is doing pretty well in her Bomber's lockup. The one challenge is that she gets a little stuck and braced on the left, which is traditionally her more supple side, so I end up overflexing her for a few strides to get her to let go of the brace. I really need to put together a regular snaffle bridle (parts all over the place!) and see if there is a difference vs. the Micklem.
Keep calm and canter on.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:02 am

StraightForward wrote:
Chisamba wrote:It's funny. I found the one administrator of that group to be aggressively anti bit, and she slapped me with a warning for recommending a loose ring snaffle with a lozenge mouthpiece. I just left because most of the parts were picture of nasty harsh bits berating barrel racers. Zero interesting information.

I unfollowed the group pretty quickly too. Too many "out there" bits. I guess I learned a lot about how many crazy (and often horrifying-looking) bits people will try to solve training problems.

Tesla is doing pretty well in her Bomber's lockup. The one challenge is that she gets a little stuck and braced on the left, which is traditionally her more supple side, so I end up overflexing her for a few strides to get her to let go of the brace. I really need to put together a regular snaffle bridle (parts all over the place!) and see if there is a difference vs. the Micklem.

I was quite disappointed because there are a lot of bits I would like to learn more about. StraightForward, I was thinking about getting a laser. Do you mind if I'm you about your experience with them?

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Interesting. I have found the group very educational and not had issues. I learn a lot. I did get slapped ones for putting an :o emoji. And I have had to explain how double bridles actually work because no one seems to know. Loose rings with lozenges are one of the big recommendations! They are very strict about emojis or comments that might be insulting and really trying to make it all about educating.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”