Girth wear

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Girth wear

Postby Koolkat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:55 pm

I sold the niedersuss today, the end of an era ( :cry: )..........I went down to the barn yesterday to see if I still had the girth (saddle was not advertised with girth) and found that the leather where 2 of the girth buckles are had delaminated over the years. I guess that's the right term.........anyway, the black part of leather seems to have "chipped" off, but leaving the (brown) part under it intact. The intent was to bring the girth along as part of the deal, but I was concerned about the integrity of this key pressure point on the girth. When I left the buyer's barn today, she asked if I had a girth to go with it. I explained the situation to her, but she was cavalier about the issue. It's hers if I am not setting anyone up for an accident. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about leather in this regard? It was a high end girth, but it's been in the tack box/barn for 5+ years, not sure how leather strength is determined relative to the structure.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Girth wear

Postby Chisamba » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:23 am

I would suggest the buyer replace the girth.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Re: Girth wear

Postby Koolkat » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:19 pm

I would agree, I think they are very budget conscious............can't blame them for trying. As it turns out, the girth is too big, so no dilemma involved.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”