Quarter sheets (and static electricity)

dressagefan
Greenie

Quarter sheets (and static electricity)

Postby dressagefan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 pm

Does anyone have trouble with static electricity (static shocks) and quarter sheets? I would like to try one in winter, but the air gets so dry, and my horse is VERY sensitive to the little electrostatic shocks that pop up during the cold dry weather when synthetics are involved (usually me in a nylon type winter jacket, or his blanket). I can just picture riding and he's getting popped in the behind by static that won't stop.... that wouldn't go very well. :(

And related, is there a "better than the others" brand quarter sheet out there? Or other suggestions?

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Quarter sheets (and static electricity)

Postby Canyon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:01 pm

I live in a dry climate, so I can sympathize. My now-retired WB did not get along with polar fleece quarter sheets because of static problems. If you are not wanting a quarter sheet that wraps around you, I can recommend the Thermatex quarter rug. I had no problems with static, and the rug is heavy enough that it doesn’t flop around or blow in the wind. The same vendor is also on ebay.

dressagefan
Greenie

Postby dressagefan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks!! :)

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:51 am

Mine is wool, for that very reason.

HafDressage
Herd Member

Postby HafDressage » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:34 am

I ordered a version of the following and they specifically say that it will eliminate static. I've only used it once, so I can't say for sure, but I didn't have any static on my first go round. Good luck!

http://www.victorycanter.com/Centaur-Tu ... oCRj_w_wcB

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”