PDS Showtime saddle?

dressagefan
Greenie

PDS Showtime saddle?

Postby dressagefan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:22 am

Has anyone ridden in this? I can find very few reviews. It says it's good for short backed (with the Corto panels), wide shouldered horses. It has changeable gullets, which can be good or bad... They appear to be made by Pessoa. I had tried a friend's Pessoa jumping saddle, and he went well for a while, but I think the points were too long for him.... But this PDS is supposed to free their shoulder.... but he goes better in front with shorter points... I really hate saddle shopping. :(

https://www.smartpakequine.com/pt/pds-s ... ddle-11726

I'm so frustrated because the two saddles he's gone best in were an old Stubben Edelweiss Jump saddle (I'm told they have short points, and it's forward balanced so accommodates his short back) (but those are hard to find in a wider style). And he went great in a different friend's extra wide gaited western saddle. I think that was because of the way the western tree flares out for the shoulders, combined with the one inch thick wool pad which probably distributes the weigh better :lol: . But I don't feel like I can post in a western saddle, etc and while it would be nice to have two nice saddles (one for trail riding, one for ring work), I just can't afford that... Sigh. I really hate saddle shopping. It always feels like a no win type situation... :(

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”