Feedback on M. Toulouse saddles w/Genesis tree?

onetrickpony
Novice

Feedback on M. Toulouse saddles w/Genesis tree?

Postby onetrickpony » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:28 am

I just received two M. Toulouse dressage saddles from SmartPak on trial. They're the Aachen and Alyssa models with the Genesis adjustable tree. I rode in the Aachen today briefly, and my first impressions are favorable. Does anyone here have more long-term experience with these saddles? I've read the few reviews that I can find via a Google search--most are from people with jumping saddles.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Re: Feedback on M. Toulouse saddles w/Genesis tree?

Postby Abby Kogler » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:43 pm

I rode in the Alyssa and really liked it and like that Genesis tree very much. My Femur of Death pooched out beyond the flap though too much no matter what I did. you cant order them with a longer/more forward flap, so I was out of luck. My saddle fitter likes them for a lower priced saddle. I felt quite balanced and the horses all liked it.

I ended up with a Butterfly. I also have a Tad Coffin dressage. Now those are cool saddles!

HafDressage
Herd Member

Postby HafDressage » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:53 am

I am curious to hear some reviews about these too. I've looked at them from time to time, but never heard reviews on them.

Kelo
Herd Member

Postby Kelo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:20 pm

FWIW, I was interested in getting one because I was shopping in the "economical" category. I got the trial saddle, can't remember which model -- one of the dressage ones, obviously. The dye rubbed off all over my breeches during a simple ride, so I sent it back. If it's gonna do that brand new (well, test saddle), what will it do in 5 years? I sent it back and bought a used County instead.

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Josette » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”