Holy Grail - Grooming Gloves !

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Holy Grail - Grooming Gloves !

Postby Hayburner » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Holy Grail - Grooming Gloves

I saw the HandsOn grooming gloves on-line at Schneider's - didn't get around to ordering them. While at the Dover store - I saw them and bought them.

OMG - They are GREAT!!!! Both my horses loved them, even while tackling through dried mud, my hands stayed clean. It also really loosened up set in dirt and hair. It made doing the legs so quick and easy, no more fumbling around with the rubber curry! You just shake them and the hair flies off them. They will be great when the shedding really starts up !!

Since I used the pair - my grooming time was cut in half. They are like no other glove/mitt that I've tried. Not sure how they will be to bath, but I can always use my Epona mitt for bathing.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Holy Grail - Grooming Gloves !

Postby Canyon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks for your review! I have a gift certificate to Dover, so these gloves are now on my list.

Shedding season is here. My old horse loves the jelly scrubber curry, but I get frustrated trying to keep it on my hand. These gloves sound like a nice solution.

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 am

Yes. Thanks for the review. I just saw those today in a Schneider's catalog. Sounds like they need to go on my wish list.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:17 am

You will never go back to a regular curry or jelly again! I did see that if you buy 2 pairs from the HandsOn website you save 10 bucks.

I wish I would have bought 2 pairs since I don't like sharing between my 2 horses.

I have only had them a week or so, and already I don't even bother reaching for a curry!

I actually sent an email to the company letting them know how much I loved these grooming gloves, and I rarely do that!

VBOpie
Herd Member

Postby VBOpie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:34 pm

Hayburner,
I ordered some today. I am looking forward to giving them a try.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:20 am

I hope you love them!

I do wish they came in a couple other colors, it would be easier when you are grooming more than one horse. As I don't "share" my grooming tools between my horses.

I wash them with anti-bacterial dish soap and let them line dry.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:57 am

do they make your hands all sweaty? what is the texture on the inside of the glove?

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:52 pm

I ordered them too. I got mine off of Amazon and out of 24 reviews, only 2 were less than 5 stars. Mine get here on Wednesday. If I like them, I may get a pair for the cats. I think they will love them.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:47 pm

My hands have not sweated in them. The top is not rubber - it is a tight mesh, so it breathes, but still does not leave dirt get in the glove. I don't' know what the inside is made out of..sorry.

I ordered a medium as I typically wear a size 8 in ladies gloves and they fit perfect. The Velcro tab keeps them nice and snug.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 pm

FWIW, I came across this Comfy Grooming Glove today as a possible alternative if you want a different color for each horse. Yes, it is only a single glove and the "nubs" look fairly short, but it is also only $5.

HafDressage
Herd Member

Postby HafDressage » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:16 am

Thanks for the review! Very interesting. I've been debating a new grooming tool. I may try the gloves. I'm also interested in these shedding block: http://www.sstack.com/product/Sleekez-S ... oCoFjw_wcB

I wonder which one would do a better job. Maybe I will try both. :)

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:02 am

Product review...all the animals love them ;) . I tried them on one of the cats before I took them to the barn. He was moaning with delight.

The horses loved them. I like that you can get equal motion with both arms--a good workout for me. I groomed my horse and my friends' horse. They live next to each other and have sparkly, shiny healthy skin so I was not worried about sharing. Would be very easy to clean though there would be some drying time. Both horses, when I would take a break would turn their heads around and look at me like "What is the hold-up? Please keep going...pleease" :lol: . I just clapped the two together and the hair fell off. Very nice for grooming legs...I usually kind of neglect those during shedding as a lot of shedding tool are just too hard/sharp to use near joints and tendons and the jelly scrubbies don't seem to take all that much hair off.

So..now I am going to have to get another pair for the cats :lol:

My hands didn't sweat at all in our 55 degree weather. Now this summer when it is 95 degrees...I'm sure they will but summer grooming should be a bit shorter proposition.

I feel they are a bit overpriced but do do the job exceptionally well. I will see how long they last.

Susan

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:01 pm

I have to say "ditto" to Kyra's Mom's review. First I tried them on one my short hair cats that hates to be brushed. Heck, she only tolerates petting for a minute at most. She let me groom and groom her with these gloves. I got so much undercoat off! Enough to fill a 1 cup measuring cup!
Then I tried them on my shedding horse. He approved highly! These gloves are great for getting into the armpits and the heels. Also for the face and legs-2 spots that I can't do with a curry. They also work well with demudding. Afterward, my horse had a very sleek coat so I think they do a good job on bringing skin oil to the surface. And the big plus, in my opinion, is that these gloves are much less fatiguing than holding a curry or brush.

So I am sold and will be buying more pairs so I have one for each horse and one for the cats and maybe some for my good friends.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Great, something else I "need"! My two are in full-on shedding mode right now.
Keep calm and canter on.

Josette

Postby Josette » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:23 pm

I just bought these grooming gloves on EBAY and my guy LOVES them! Thanks for posting as I would never have seen/heard of them except here! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162036792633?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

On sale now on this EBAY site - free shipping too.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Thanks, I just got to Big Dees and picked up a second pair. I think they were 24.95. I needed a second pair since they do take time to dry, and I wash my grooming tools everytime I groom, ugh!

My mare loves these gloves!

Silverado
Herd Member

Postby Silverado » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:42 pm

I am ready to go buy a pair…thanks for the reviews. I saw them but wondered if they really would work.

Minz
Novice

Postby Minz » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:19 am

Reviving this thread again because after the rave reviews, I ordered a pair from the Canadian site. The price was a bit of a gulp, but I decided to trust you guys. I am now kicking myself that I didn't order two pairs. This pair isn't even going to make it to the barn because it is so amazing on my cat that I am going to have to order another pair, and maybe one as a gift for a friend. These are incredible gloves, and I love that the hair doesn't stick to them. I took Oliver to the middle of the back yard yesterday and started grooming him. By the time I was finished, it looked like something had died there was so much hair. Ollie's coat now feels like a plushie again. I can't wait to try it on the horse and little squirt.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:28 pm

I still love mine! My mare really loves them....she melts into them...LOL
My gelding likes them too...it does a great job on legs!

I mainly got the 2nd pair since they do take time to dry and I'm OCD when it comes to clean grooming supplies. Mine get washed everyday..
I have found that - if she's layed on the sawdust, it's better to brush off the sawdust first - then use the gloves.

US they are $24.95 - would it be cheaper if you bought them from Schneiders Tack here in the US? Their website is SSTack. Dover also carries them.

Minz
Novice

Postby Minz » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:28 am

Hayburner wrote:US they are $24.95 - would it be cheaper if you bought them from Schneiders Tack here in the US? Their website is SSTack. Dover also carries them.

Thanks Hayburner. I checked out that option on your suggestion. Unfortunately with the terrible exchange rate and higher shipping costs, I don't save anything doing it that way. I love them enough to order another from the Canadian site, but will probably wait and see if there is a Black Friday sale or until shedding season in the spring. For now, the cat who hates to be touched is loving being groomed with these gloves, and his coat has never felt better.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Glad that you are happy with them....How much are they in Canada?

They do sell them from their website too. But, I guess you'd still have the exchange rate and the shipping charges.

This is from their website:
Do you ship internationally?

Yes. To place your order from outside the U.S. or Canada, please email us at info@handsongloves.com. An additional $10 fee per pair of gloves applies to foreign addresses outside the contingent US and Canada. For orders from Canada, please email us at info@handsongloves.com. We will be able to take your order and inform you of shipping costs, arrival date and product availability.

Gee, the way I rave about them you would think I work for them ! LOL..

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Just got mine! Horse loves them, and I got a ton of fine hairs off her face and body. Dog enjoyed his rub down too.

I have bigger hands for a woman, and the large size is a good fit, though I usually go for a medium in unisex gloves.
Keep calm and canter on.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Glad you are happy with them! A was using them on a friend horse and now she "has" to have a pair. Her mare loved the massage they gave her shoulder area.

I think they owe me some commission!! LOL

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”