Guardian mask sizing

pawsplus
Herd Member

Guardian mask sizing

Postby pawsplus » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Anyone who has used the Guardian Masks--my large pony measures right on the border between small and med/large. I know that my mare's size large Cashel mask is HUGE on him--he wears the Arab Cashel mask. So I'm afraid that the med/large Guardian Mask will be way too big. But I'm also afraid that the small will be too small. And there are NO returns. Any idea how these masks compare to the Cashel masks, size-wise?
http://www.horsemask.com/Sizing.html

Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Guardian mask sizing

Postby Flight » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 pm

I don't know the comparisons, but if it's a bit too big you could always sew in a dart (is that what they are called?) to make it fit. But if it's too small then the eye part might get too close to an eye.
What are you using it for? I had one for my mare to protect a sarcoid above her eye, but i stopped using it when she'd rubbed her face and pushed the hard edge of the eye ring into her actual eye.

quinta
Herd Member

Postby quinta » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:51 am

My mare wears the Arab Cashel, and the L Guardian fits her well. It is very adjustable - under the chin and across the poll.

pawsplus
Herd Member

Postby pawsplus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:57 pm

OK, thanks. The company told me M/L would fit. Fingers crossed, as they are expensive and not returnable!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”