Browbands revisited

capstone
Herd Member

Re: Browbands revisited

Postby capstone » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Moutaineer wrote:I am about to push the button on my first double bridle purchase, which feels a bit grown up...

Yay! Very grown up. 8-)

I have one - purchased early last year. But I have never personally ridden him in it. :oops:

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:11 pm

The bits will be more complicated. And expensive....

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Moutaineer wrote:The bits will be more complicated. And expensive....

Yes, my trainer bought them when I was gone on one of my trips this year (was using borrowed ones up to that point). $$$

ETA: and she billed me for them! They were not a gift, lol.

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:01 pm

svvdressage wrote:Pad looks slighly different

http://www.centerlinestyle.com/lemieux- ... d-emerald/

Ordered!

ETA: Nope. Another failure. It is clearly not meant to be, for Cartier to have that emerald Lemieux pad.

svvdressage
Herd Member

Postby svvdressage » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:50 pm

International ebay has one in "green"

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201512777167

More of a puffy pad though

redsoxluvr
Herd Member

Postby redsoxluvr » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:07 am

StraightForward wrote:
piedmontfields wrote:We, the enablers, unite...

Oh yeah. Now I have a LeMiuex seller's shop bookmarked. The D thing is genius, I always cut off the ones that go on the billets, too. My only complaint is that their color line doesn't seem to be designed for the red headed mares. I am definitely getting a full set of brown, either LeMieux or Eskadron or both

Can't wait to see Cartier's emeralds. ;)

Considering that they have pretty much every color in the rainbow, I can assure you the ginger is covered LOL. Try equestrian.com or equissentials.net. I got a lovely orange pad for the Ginger Ninja that looks smashing. Oh, and Centerlinestyles.com is a US seller but they don't have all the colors.

svvdressage
Herd Member

Postby svvdressage » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:28 am

:( One last shot. Its listed as green. http://www.oakwoodsaddlery.com/lemieux- ... ge-square/

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:57 am

svvdressage wrote::( One last shot. Its listed as green. http://www.oakwoodsaddlery.com/lemieux- ... ge-square/

I saw this one and thought I had inquired but maybe not, as it is an AU site. We shall see what they say but I am not holding my breath.

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Some people buy things as a surrogate for doing things. (And don't ask me how I know this). Buy power tools but don't build the shed. It feels like progress when one (don't ask me which one I'm referring to) is stuck. Preparing for action that doesn't occur.

Ahem.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 pm

boots-aregard wrote:Some people buy things as a surrogate for doing things. (And don't ask me how I know this). Buy power tools but don't build the shed. It feels like progress when one (don't ask me which one I'm referring to) is stuck. Preparing for action that doesn't occur.

Ahem.

And some people feel compelled to come out of left field with passive-aggressive comments for no reason. Don't ask me how I know this.
Keep calm and canter on.

Flight

Postby Flight » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:49 pm

What is shipping from Australia to USA like? I know it's very expensive from USA to Aus.

I love a bit of girly spending! I don't buy many normal clothes, house stuff etc but love horsey shopping! I don't care if it's a surrogate for not being able to ride well, or whatever it is you are insinuating boots :p

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:01 am

StraightForward wrote:
boots-aregard wrote:Some people buy things as a surrogate for doing things. (And don't ask me how I know this). Buy power tools but don't build the shed. It feels like progress when one (don't ask me which one I'm referring to) is stuck. Preparing for action that doesn't occur.

Ahem.

And some people feel compelled to come out of left field with passive-aggressive comments for no reason. Don't ask me how I know this.

I do think boots - aregard was talking about herself, or at least that is the impression i got

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:47 am

Well I hope so, but it seemed she was referring to a previous poster in this thread.

If people want to plop around at Intro for years with 50 different matching browbands and pads, who cares? That rider might not feel stuck at all, learning and having fun.
Keep calm and canter on.

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:38 am

Ahh ok, yep I thought it might have been directed elsewhere too.

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:52 am

StraightForward wrote:

Ahem.

Ha! Thanks, Straightforward! I agree.

As for boots-aregard: I can maybe get on board with your first sentence. I can't "do" with my own horse when I'm in Switzerland and in fact, I am not personally doing much with him this week as we prepare for his competition this weekend with my trainer in the saddle. But I don't think the rest of your commentary fits my situation at all.

Rosie B
500 post plus club

Postby Rosie B » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 am

Chisamba wrote: I do think boots - aregard was talking about herself, or at least that is the impression i got

I got the same impression as you, Chisamba. I didn't think she was talking about anyone other than herself... But that was just my take on it. :)

And, to stay on topic, here are two browbands I am currently in love with. Bliss has a very pretty and very delicate face with a white star, so I think any bling needs to be either quite refined or very subtle. :) For the first one, I would get it customised so that the outer rows of bling would be a pale brown and the inner row of bling would be an earthy teal colour. :)
Attachments
browband.jpg
browband.jpg (39.33 KiB) Viewed 25412 times
thin browband.jpg
thin browband.jpg (76.8 KiB) Viewed 25412 times

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Rosie B wrote:
Chisamba wrote: I do think boots - aregard was talking about herself, or at least that is the impression i got

I got the same impression as you, Chisamba. I didn't think she was talking about anyone other than herself... But that was just my take on it. :)

You guys are very charitable. In my experience, comments like that are aimed at someone. Particularly the way it was phrased..."some people".

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Rosie B wrote:And, to stay on topic, here are two browbands I am currently in love with. Bliss has a very pretty and very delicate face with a white star, so I think any bling needs to be either quite refined or very subtle. :) For the first one, I would get it customised so that the outer rows of bling would be a pale brown and the inner row of bling would be an earthy teal colour. :)

Have you talked to Sian to determine which color crystals would work best for the look you are going for? If not, I recommend it.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:24 pm

capstone wrote:
Rosie B wrote:

You guys are very charitable. In my experience, comments like that are aimed at someone. Particularly the way it was phrased..."some people".

Im not charitable, lol. People will tell you I have " a tone" and am polarizing. However talking about buying tools and not building a shed sounds very personal . Capstone, you did mention that you are more inclined to buy when you are at work in Europe and unable to ride. I think it touched a cord.

Thats all. Just my opinion.

Rosie B
500 post plus club

Postby Rosie B » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:30 pm

capstone wrote:

Rosie B wrote:
And, to stay on topic, here are two browbands I am currently in love with. Bliss has a very pretty and very delicate face with a white star, so I think any bling needs to be either quite refined or very subtle. :) For the first one, I would get it customised so that the outer rows of bling would be a pale brown and the inner row of bling would be an earthy teal colour. :)

Have you talked to Sian to determine which color crystals would work best for the look you are going for? If not, I recommend it.

No, I haven't. If I was to take such a step then I would HAVE to buy it, and I am trying very very hard to be good at the moment. I go on mat leave in a week and have all my extra money saved for the next year's leave to pay for all my planned horse stuff (and some unplanned budget as well for emergencies), but the budget doesn't include blingy browbands!! That will have to wait til Fall 2017 when I go back to work. :)

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:47 pm

Do you remember buying ribbon as a kid and decorating your own browbands?

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tarheel ... 4.jpg.html

Or save broken reins to make into brow bands, and cover with ribbons.

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Rosie B wrote:
capstone wrote:

Rosie B wrote:

No, I haven't. If I was to take such a step then I would HAVE to buy it, and I am trying very very hard to be good at the moment. I go on mat leave in a week and have all my extra money saved for the next year's leave to pay for all my planned horse stuff (and some unplanned budget as well for emergencies), but the budget doesn't include blingy browbands!! That will have to wait til Fall 2017 when I go back to work. :)

Very disciplined!

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Chisamba wrote:Do you remember buying ribbon as a kid and decorating your own browbands?

I never did this. :( I never saw ribbon covered browbands until I saw pictures posted on UDBB.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:22 pm

capstone wrote:
Chisamba wrote:Do you remember buying ribbon as a kid and decorating your own browbands?

I never did this. :( I never saw ribbon covered browbands until I saw pictures posted on UDBB.

You should try it, its huge fun and gratifying. Reading this thread has made me consider making christmas gifts again.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:41 pm

I do have one kicking around. Good idea to make them though; I found that most of the older, flat browbands I could get my hands on were like 15".

Several years ago I also made one with seed beads using a bead loom, but by the time I finished it, I was sick of the pattern, so I never had it sewn onto a browband. :lol:
Keep calm and canter on.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:47 pm

I really need a ribbon browband. I checked eBay for flat browbands, but nada. Anyone have a source for cheap browbands?

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Rosie B wrote:

I'm worse at this than I thought (and I don't have a really high opinion, you understand. This quip won't be going in the jokes thread.)

Of course I'm talking about myself. The power tools were a dead giveaway (since they weren't horse related). Just delivered yesterday and I charged them up last night. Now I have to actually use the darned things.

I wouldn't be slamming someone's horse purchases. At least y'all have horses to purchase for.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:47 pm

boots, you NEED a horse so you can buy bling-y stuff. LOL!

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:49 pm

boots-aregard wrote:
Rosie B wrote:

I'm worse at this than I thought (and I don't have a really high opinion, you understand. This quip won't be going in the jokes thread.)

Of course I'm talking about myself. The power tools were a dead giveaway (since they weren't horse related). Just delivered yesterday and I charged them up last night. Now I have to actually use the darned things.

I wouldn't be slamming someone's horse purchases. At least y'all have horses to purchase for.

I guess I know a lot of passive aggressive people. It sounded exactly like something they would say!

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm

There will be real money in it when someone develops a useful "tone-izer" for text (for social media).

If people could automatically see/hear the exaggerated tone of "don't ask me how I know", jokes would be far more obvious.

Wonder when silicon valley will provide us such a thing? In the mean time, people poor at levity (don't ask me who I'm referring to*) need to take more care with their posts.

*:P

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:28 pm

i think i use lol a lot, to try and show that i was joking, even though i do not actually laugh out loud that much at all. its still easy to misunderstand intention when typing.

Go build that shed, Boots. :)

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 pm

PaulaO wrote:I really need a ribbon browband. I checked eBay for flat browbands, but nada. Anyone have a source for cheap browbands?

What size do you need? I have a brown one with ribbon on it that is 15.25 and a black Crosby with no ribbon that is 15.5. Too small for my critters.

My rolled bridle arrived today, so I'm headed out to the barn to give it a try. I didn't realize that the browband is patent, but conveniently, it looks like it will work with any browband, rather than needing a special type.
Keep calm and canter on.

Flight

Postby Flight » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:39 am

boots-aregard wrote:The power tools were a dead giveaway (since they weren't horse related). Just delivered yesterday and I charged them up last night. Now I have to actually use the darned things.

Apologies for mis-interpreting your post also!

I found a circular saw in my garage a while ago. It's awesome!! I made a couple of mangers and just cut sh#t up. Love it!

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 am

Flight wrote:What is shipping from Australia to USA like? I know it's very expensive from USA to Aus.

Very expensive - about 40 USD for the one pad.

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:51 am

Rosie B wrote:And, to stay on topic, here are two browbands I am currently in love with. Bliss has a very pretty and very delicate face with a white star, so I think any bling needs to be either quite refined or very subtle. :) For the first one, I would get it customised so that the outer rows of bling would be a pale brown and the inner row of bling would be an earthy teal colour. :)

Your brown and earthy comments made me think of this browband for some reason. I feel like it's really understated but beautiful.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (27.21 KiB) Viewed 25344 times

Black diamond on the outside and a light honey color in the middle. I don't think it would look great on Cartier though.

AmityBee
Herd Member

Postby AmityBee » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:05 am

PaulaO wrote:boots, you NEED a horse so you can buy bling-y stuff. LOL!

Hah, not me. The pony has so much chrome, no way we could pull off anymore bling without looking over the top. He also hasn't worn boots or polos for ages, no need and they look ridiculous on feathery feet.

I do however have everything sheepskin (all Mattes or Christ of course)... ;)

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:10 am

svvdressage wrote::( One last shot. Its listed as green. http://www.oakwoodsaddlery.com/lemieux- ... ge-square/

I did order this one. And they have processed my payment. But I have heard nothing more from them. I have inquired 3 times as to whether the pad is in stock, with zero response. I want to know, if it is another back order situation. :x

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:33 pm

The green pad arrived. It has gold piping instead of white as I had assumed. The jury is out.

And here is Cartier modeling his new Passier bridle and one of his new browbands. Blue fade - dark grey/blue on the outside fading in to iridescent white in the center.
IMG_8450.JPG
IMG_8450.JPG (101.44 KiB) Viewed 25205 times

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:22 am

Ooh, I think I like that one best of the ones he's modeled so far (of course he'd look good in a baling twine bridle ;)).

*Sigh* I just ordered a Fairfax bridle, and at least according to them, that will limit me to their browbands. We shall see when the bridle arrives, several weeks from now.
Keep calm and canter on.

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:32 am

StraightForward wrote:Ooh, I think I like that one best of the ones he's modeled so far (of course he'd look good in a baling twine bridle ;)).

Thanks! It brightens his face up, I think.

Equiture has come out with a new dark grey crystal; I am currently resisting the urge to order it.

I do not need another browband. I do not need another browband. I do not need another browband.
Last edited by capstone on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:34 am

StraightForward wrote:*Sigh* I just ordered a Fairfax bridle, and at least according to them, that will limit me to their browbands. We shall see when the bridle arrives, several weeks from now.

I chose to not order a particular bridle because I thought changing out the browband would be a nightmare. :lol:

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:27 pm

I haven't seen this grey colored crystal. Can you post a link?
Or is it this "graphite"?
http://www.equiture.biz/swarovski-tiffany-alternating-graphite-and-silver-shade-browband/
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined!

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:37 pm

PhoenixRising wrote:I haven't seen this grey colored crystal. Can you post a link?
http://www.equiture.biz/swarovski-tiffany-alternating-graphite-and-silver-shade-browband/

This one: http://www.equiture.biz/nightfall-and-b ... -browband/

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:46 pm

capstone wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:I haven't seen this grey colored crystal. Can you post a link?

Oh I LOVE that one!
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined!

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:48 pm

PhoenixRising wrote:
capstone wrote:

Oh I LOVE that one!

Me too - it looks really classy. Now I have 3 on my wish list!

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:17 pm

capstone wrote:I do not need another browband. I do not need another browband. I do not need another browband.

Well, if you have three on your wish list, and you order only one, then that IS exercising restraint! :lol:

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:07 pm

Canyon wrote:
capstone wrote:I do not need another browband. I do not need another browband. I do not need another browband.

Well, if you have three on your wish list, and you order only one, then that IS exercising restraint! :lol:

If I order 2, I qualify for free shipping. ;)

svvdressage
Herd Member

Postby svvdressage » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:39 pm

capstone wrote:
Canyon wrote:

If I order 2, I qualify for free shipping. ;)

Well, then you are SAVING money by buying 2!

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:31 pm

One of the ones on the wish list is the green one, to go with the green pad. I haven't decided if I like the green pad yet. :?

capstone
Herd Member

Postby capstone » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:21 am

Josette wrote:The green pad with emerald brow band is gorgeous! Sapphire would be nice too with blue pad. I'm thinking red more for a dark bay or black horse.

We did go red after all!
IMG_9142.JPG
IMG_9142.JPG (130.72 KiB) Viewed 25113 times

IMG_9141.JPG
IMG_9141.JPG (117.58 KiB) Viewed 25113 times

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”