Undies....

lorilu
Herd Member

Undies....

Postby lorilu » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:53 am

I have been riding in microfiber thongs for many years.
Until now. New saddle with narrower twist has corrected SO MANY of my position issues.... except .......
I am getting very irritated right along that ligament where your thigh meets your crotch - right where most undies end.
The boy shorts I have tried all ride up between my legs and make the matter worse. And of course the "long leg" ones give you a lovely panty line halfway down your thigh. SO flattering.

What undergarments work for you?

Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Undies....

Postby Flight » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:11 am

I live in jockey boyleg parisienne knickers. Wear them to work, riding etc. They do have lace so I thought they'd be bad for rubbing, but as long as you have them in the right spot (not slightly wedgied etc) they are good. I have a big bum though.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:39 pm

I haven't had a problem while riding, but for running, Glide is very helpful, and if needed, Gold Bond powder afterward can help with the irritation.
Keep calm and canter on.

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:44 pm

I've never had that problem but I don't have a narrow twist saddle. I ride in cotton jockey high cut.
I'm interested in what saddle you bought and what problems it fixed.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm going through that now because I changed my trail riding saddle to one that fits my mule better, and it's killing me.

Adding padded underwear has never worked for me because it wads or bunches up, and if it's tight enough to stay put then it's uncomfortable because it's so tight. That, and I need to be able to move the padding around when it gets uncomfortable, so I add the pad between my seat and the saddle. But I also want to be able to move it around so I use a flat pocket that I can add layers of foam to so that I can adjust how much and where as I ride.

I sewed a string on it so I can tie it to my saddle so I don't drop it when I'm adjusting it.

I don't have any trouble in the ring because my horse is easier to fit so I use a more comfortable saddle, and don't ride for as long as I do out on trail.

lorilu
Herd Member

Postby lorilu » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:55 pm

musical comedy wrote:I've never had that problem but I don't have a narrow twist saddle. I ride in cotton jockey high cut.
I'm interested in what saddle you bought and what problems it fixed.

I sent you a PM. Short version, floating left leg and could not sit the trot.... discovered I was sitting a tiny bit diagonally across the saddle twisted right. Saddle fitter suggested a narrower twist. Custom Solo II is the cure. Doesn't feel much different twist-wise, except for the rubs......

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:02 pm

I ride in cotton too. I find anything else rubs worse. I do liberally use Calmoseptine. I discovered it at work. It was developed to protect skin of tube feeders. It works well on rubbed or sensitive areas.

Josette

Postby Josette » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 pm

I use this brand / style because I like that flat seam on the legs. NO rubs with breeches.
http://warners.com/intimates/no_wedgies ... cut_brief/

MaryC
Novice

Postby MaryC » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:52 pm

I hear ya, I'm the queen of the very tender rubs in very sensitive places! I ride in Ambrielle no seam undies (hi-cut) from JCPenney. No seams, very flat edges, very little to rub and bunch. I've discovered that if I don't yank they up too high, I don't get the "ligament" rubs. More importantly, my new favorite product is Massengill Chafing Relief Powder Gel. Best thing ever. Not a stick like Glide (ewwww that can't be very sanitary!), meant to be used in tender places, and have had almost no issues ever since!

ETA - oh and Desitin when I do get a hot spot, clears it up super quick.

lorilu
Herd Member

Postby lorilu » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:38 am

thanks. Boy shorts and long line "control" types seem to be the ticket. I'll look for the chaffing relief powder gel!

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”