The Ritter Dressage Training Stuff

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
musical comedy
Bringing Life to the DDBB

The Ritter Dressage Training Stuff

Postby musical comedy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 pm

I always like reading his internet posts and his book. I signed up for (I'm not even sure what) on Facebook. I get bombarded with lots of posts, messages, and notifications. I have to now figure out how to block them. Who are earth has time to read all his stuff and follow his course?? I 'tried' to sit through a couple of his videos, and it was painful, specifically the wife talking. I suppose there is a lot of good material to be had there, but it's not for me. Just thought I'd give my opinion here.

Imperini
Herd Member

Re: The Ritter Dressage Training Stuff

Postby Imperini » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:10 pm

You should be able to either leave the group on FB or if you click on the three dots in the corner of a post from the group and then select "Unfollow <group name>" that will keep you in the group so you can go there and look on your own time but it won't clog up your feed. You may have to click "See 3 more..." after clicking the corner dots to get the unfollow group option.

I joined the most recent flying changes challenge and I've found it fun/beneficial. As a person with a horse who thrives on new exercises and challenges I'm always on the lookout for good things to add in to our rides. I must admit I don't really watch the videos where it's just them sitting and talking about the exercises as I don't really have the time or patience for that. It might be different if they were actually riding, or working with a horse and rider at the same time and had only one video instead of a talking video and a rider demo video.

khall

Postby khall » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:54 pm

I never watch the Ritter videos, I occasionally watch the videos posted by others, I often read other poster's experiences. I mostly want the PDFs! I don't mind the clutter, better than what I usually have which is animals in need.

Fatcat
Herd Member

Postby Fatcat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Ritter used to be local to me. I won't comment on his training except to say they're exceptional marketers.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:10 pm

As someone who doesn't take a lot of lessons, I'm getting a lot of value out of the course. It's been helping me figure out a lot of things and school with more purpose and understand better how to approach training issues, because there just isn't much time in a 45 minute lesson to dig into much of that.

I agree that the webinars tend to go on too long and can be boring. I often just listen to them and don't watch much. The course format is different, with shorter audio discussion of a given exercise, and then a voice over of a rider demo video. Most of these are 3-10 minutes long, so it's less of a time commitment.

I don't know if I'll take additional courses after this, but right now it's filling a void in my training, and I don't think my horse would have made the changes in her hind and topline without the focus on targeted exercises.
Keep calm and canter on.

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm glad you're getting a lot out of it StraightForward. I would not even have known about it, had it not been for you. It just seemed I got bombarded with messages and notifications and it seemed like there were several 'courses' or what have you going on. It was overwhelming for me. Perhaps that is because I am really pressed for time most often.

lorilu
Herd Member

Postby lorilu » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 am

I joined the free "prepare your horse for flying changes" course. I have not listened to the live events on FB, but have used the exercises. My horse KNOWS the change, and has done 2s with a trainer.... I use the exercises in warmup. They help horse become more symmetrical because , doing a set of symmetric patterns, even I can feel when the left is not as well done as the right rein (I am not an intuitive/natural rider. I have to work really hard at it...)The exercises help me to get my weight and leg aids in synch with him. So far, so good. We are getting all the changes I ask for (knock on wood). I am looking forward to the free "aids for the flying change" facebook live (which I will watch after the fact) and the pdf that accompanies it.....

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:43 am

musical comedy wrote:I'm glad you're getting a lot out of it StraightForward. I would not even have known about it, had it not been for you. It just seemed I got bombarded with messages and notifications and it seemed like there were several 'courses' or what have you going on. It was overwhelming for me. Perhaps that is because I am really pressed for time most often.

Yes, you sort of hit it when they're busy flogging a lot of stuff.
Keep calm and canter on.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:32 am

I actually unfollowed them because i found the clutter on my page irksome.

HafDressage
Herd Member

Postby HafDressage » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 am

Imperini wrote: I must admit I don't really watch the videos where it's just them sitting and talking about the exercises as I don't really have the time or patience for that. It might be different if they were actually riding, or working with a horse and rider at the same time and had only one video instead of a talking video and a rider demo video.

Preach. I was curious about their offerings too, but the one video I tried to watch was them just sitting around talking. Like 8 minutes into the video and they still really hadn't said anything. I like shorter more concise videos.

Return to “Dressage Training”