Where to stay near Santa Monica?

Rosie B
500 post plus club

Where to stay near Santa Monica?

Postby Rosie B » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 am

Hi guys,

In early June I'm heading to a work conference in Anaheim. DH is coming with me and we're going to spend a few extra days in Santa Monica.

Any recommendations for what to do or where to stay?

Thanks!

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Where to stay near Santa Monica?

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:23 pm

I haven't been there in ages, so I don't have a lot of current info.

I have always enjoyed hanging out at Zuma Beach. It is wide and scenic. There are also some nice waterfall hikes in Malibu, such as Escondido Falls. It's actually a nice walk even when there is no water in the falls (frequent).

goneriding
Herd Member

Postby goneriding » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:48 am

The J Paul Getty Museum is wonderful. Third Street Promenade is a pedestrian mall in Santa Monica near the beach, and on Wednesdays and Sundays they have a great farmers market. You could go there and stroll the promenade, listen to live music, get something to eat, walk down to the beach, and go to the Santa Monica Pier. Venice Beach is the next beach to the south and it's great for people watching, this is where you see the bikini girls on roller blades and the guys juggling fire. There are lots of cheap trinket stands, in case you need to bring anyone a t-shirt, Muscle Beach is famous. There's a paved bike path that runs along the beach for 26 miles, I'm pretty sure you can rent bikes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Braude_Bike_Trail

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Not super close but on the correct side of town is the La Brea Tar Pits and the Page Museum (with artifacts removed from the tar pits). Really pretty cool if that type of thing appears to you and DH :)
Last edited by WheresMyWhite on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goneriding
Herd Member

Postby goneriding » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Also Topanga Canyon is quite nearby. Go take a hike in the state park and eat at Inn of the Seventh Ray, a local institution https://www.innoftheseventhray.com/menus

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”