Barre classes

A forum dedicated to getting the rider healthy and fit and ready to ride!!
piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Barre classes

Postby piedmontfields » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 am

I thought I would share my new "secret" pleasure/torture: Barre classes.

For those who don't know me, I am a long time yoga practitioner (and even taught for almost 15 years before health issues interfered with my comfort teaching) and sometime pilates students. Barre classes are kind of simple and dumb in comparison, but they are seriously fun, challenging and relaxing. Plus, it is the only low impact exercise I've found that both pushes me and doesn't break me. After a hard class, I feel like I've ridden 4 horses. It really targets a lot of the muscle groups we use in riding (legs, hip, entire core, shoulders/upper back).

End of promo piece. ;)

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Re: Barre classes

Postby Tuddy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 pm

My pole fitness studio offers these classes. I have taken a couple, and they are super fun!

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Literally - just after I posted this, my work place sent out an email to staff that the health and wellness department is now offering free barre classes. So I signed up!

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Wow, that is fun Tuddy!

I think I'm enjoying it because it is alignment focused (and brings in a meditative quality to the experience), but it is also fast-paced and really hard. I find that the 55 minute classes just fly by.

Return to “Rider health and fitness”