Michael Cohen

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Michael Cohen

Postby KathyK » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:12 pm

Lots of bombshells dropped yesterday. The Republicans seem more interested in calling him a liar now, than that he has stopped lying for Trump. What a country!

piedmontfields

Re: Michael Cohen

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:29 am

It's incredibly bizarre. As I tell my colleagues around the world, "Sorry, I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. Stay tuned."

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:49 am

Let's be honest, if he were lying for Trump the Democrats would be calling him a liar.

And both sides would be right. Lol

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:32 pm

He’s singing like a canary, but unfortunately his testimony won’t change anything. Trump defenders will say he’s lying.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Chisamba wrote:Let's be honest, if he were lying for Trump the Democrats would be calling him a liar.

You don't think he lied and covered up for Trump, in spite of the clear evidence he has shown? Wow. I believe he's telling the truth now. And really, there's very little that's funny about this.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:41 pm

Confirmation from Fordham University:
"Don’t take Michael Cohen’s word for it—Fordham University, one of the president’s alma maters, has confirmed that it did, in fact, receive a threatening letter warning it not to release Donald Trump’s grades in the lead-up to the 2016 election, supporting the embarrassing allegation his former fixer made in his explosive testimony on Wednesday. Bob Howe, a spokesperson for the university, said in a statement to the Associated Press that the school received a call from someone on Trump’s team, as well as a follow-up letter from a Trump attorney threatening to “take action against the university if we did, in fact, release Mr. Trump’s records.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02 ... 3QNXfuO_q4

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:02 pm

I am amazed by all the Republicans still standing by Trump. On his show yesterday, Chuck Todd had a minute or so of clips of Repubs calling Cohen a liar, during the hearing. IMHO, all the signs "Liar, liar, pants on fire" with a photo of Cohen would be more appropriate with a photo of Trump. Really, your court appointments and big tax cuts for the rich and are worth selling your soul for Trump?

Michael Cohen's lies were to protect Trump. Hmm, let that sink in.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:41 pm

I was highly amused by the Reps using their fully allotted time to talk about what a waste of time it was. . .
I wasn't particularly impressed, either, by people who used the unequal balance of power in that room to bully, but that broadcast was for public consumption/constituencies.

And speaking of an "education scandal", Mark Meadows, Chair of the "Freedom Caucus" and recent candidate for Trump's Chief of Staff, has been involved in one of his own:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... wikipedia/

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:27 am

KathyK wrote:
Chisamba wrote:Let's be honest, if he were lying for Trump the Democrats would be calling him a liar.

You don't think he lied and covered up for Trump, in spite of the clear evidence he has shown? Wow. I believe he's telling the truth now. And really, there's very little that's funny about this.

Did you purposefully ignore the fact that I said BOTH sides were right. The man is a liar, no matter who he is choosing to lie for or to in a given moment.

I happen to find it more hilarious than a satire. That anyone would take the farce seriously makes me wonder about the legitimacy of politics even more.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:17 am

I think the state of our government is far from hilarious. But I suppose we find our humor where we can.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:18 pm

piedmontfields wrote:It's incredibly bizarre. As I tell my colleagues around the world, "Sorry, I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. Stay tuned."

Totally agree.

The hearing was entertaining. With every q&a, I was guessing truth or fairy tale. It's hard *for me* to hold much hope Cohen was 100% forthcoming, but his answers sure upset a bunch of people. I *hope* he was finally truthful, but only fact checking and investigation will reveal whether or not that's the case. And, yes, I know some things have already been confirmed.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:53 pm

He spilled so much Thursday behind closed doors, they invited him back for tomorrow (Wednesday). If he had lied last Wednesday about all this stuff that Mueller knows to be true, his sentence would have gone back to 70 years. AND he had/has documents.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Tarlo Farm wrote:He spilled so much Thursday behind closed doors, they invited him back for tomorrow (Wednesday). If he had lied last Wednesday about all this stuff that Mueller knows to be true, his sentence would have gone back to 70 years. AND he had/has documents.

As has been explained by people who do this, bust gangs or mobs, for a living... prosecuting them often relies on the testimony of someone who has, in the past, lied.
The difference is that this time the information is proven to be factual by corroboration of material, evidence, other witnesses.
Which they had with Cohens latest statements.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”