Easy bread pudding recipes?

texsuze
500 post plus club

Easy bread pudding recipes?

Postby texsuze » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:57 pm

I have an easy recipe for Bread Pudding with Lemon Hard Sauce but it always seems a bit dry. I've thought of doubling the sauce, which might help, but would like to see some other recipes for bread pudding. Something with alcohol would be nice.... No fancy stuff, or complicated standing-over-a-hot-stove type prep, just something I can make and haul down the road for a Christmas Eve potluck dinner next week!

BTW, here is the recipe I've been using:

Pecan-Cranberry Bread Pudding w/Lemon Hard Sauce

2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup half & half
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped, toasted pecans, divided (preferably from Texas!)
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, divided
1 loaf (16 oz) raisin bread, cut into 1" cubes

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8"x8" pan.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together eggs, sugar, butter, half&half, vanilla, 1 cup pecans, 1 cup cranberries and cubed bread. Spoon into prepared pan.
Bake for 25 minutes. Immediately top with Lemon Hard Sauce and allow to melt. Sprinkle with reserved pecans and cranberries.

Lemon Hard Sauce
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 TBS vanilla extract
Cream butter, zest and juice on medium speed with electric mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.

VirginiaRooks
Greenie

Re: Easy bread pudding recipes?

Postby VirginiaRooks » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:26 am

Thanks for sharing this lip-smacking recipe. I had prepared this recipe few days back. This recipe can be included as a perfect dessert recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth. Custom restaurant desserts also serve a variety of desserts which give you a wholesale choice to choose unique and innovative desserts for your special occasion, when you have short of time.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”